Friday, December 7, 2012

Pizza and Halloween Candy Aren't Good Pre-Workout Snacks

   
     So incase you were not aware, I quite enjoy playing lacrosse. Contrary to popular belief, I do not lay on the couch with a bag of chips in my lap ALL year long. I only do that for most of the year. But alas, pre-season lacrosse conditioning has begun. I have this nifty little calendar that tells me what I have to workout every day, that my coaches so generously put together and gave us all at the first pre-season meeting this past Wednesday night.
 
   On top of that, this conditioning is self-mandated, so I had the task of figuring out how in the world I'm going to make myself have the self discipline to do all the fun things. So I was pondering this, and I had this idea come to me. Like a vision. When I am running and planking and lunging and all that jazz, I think to myself: Jackie. Justin Bieber is at the end of this run. He is waiting for you. Are you going to give up now, let him down, and spend the rest of your life alone?

     Needless to say, I then run like heck.

     Yesterday was the first day of these festivities, and I learned quite a valuable lesson. If you have done nothing but lay on your bed and watch TV for four months, and then go try to run 2 miles at 6 mph with a stomach full of pizza and leftover Halloween candy, you WILL throw up. (And people in the gym bathroom will most likely suspect that you are bulimic or something.)

     Also, if you go four months doing nothing, and then go do a bunch of core and lower body strength exercises, you will not be able to get out of your bed in the morning. Like, physically not able, because your core (or in my case, abs of steel) are extremely sore and you cannot move. Just a heads up.

     And! The other thing about this fun schedule that I now have, is that I have workouts every single day of the week except for Wednesdays and Sundays. Umm, excuse me, but what the heck? Do I look like I have time to go workout? I'm kind of busy watching TV. Thanks anyway though.

    So, thats how my Thursday went. I'll keep you all updated. And feel free to go ask some of my fellow teammates how their training is going. They would be: ClaireLivi, and Maddie. They may try to discount this whole post by calling me out on how I make these sound a lot worse than they are. Don't listen.

My life for the next month. #yay

3 comments:

  1. I feel you sister. I just finished my second day, and my legs are on FIRE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so true its sad! Except I didn't do it full of pizza, I didn't eat anything! That was a horrible idea! Hopefully this will all pay off in the end... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. JACKIE. That sounds terrible haha! But trust me, I know how it feels. When tennis season came along, we had to do a physical test...yes...that gave me a run for my money, especially after three summer months of tanning and netflix. But the tennis season is over now and oh my goodness, I haven't played in about three months...yep.didn't learn my lesson

    ReplyDelete