Friday, March 15, 2013

LAX Bro Lyfe

HELLO LOVELIES. HOW ARE YOU ALL FEELING ON THIS LOVELY FRIDAY. LOVELY? LOVELY.

Well I have had just a lovely past few days filled with lacrosse, lacrosse, and more lacrosse. Yesterday we had our first game of the real season. Park City vs. Riverton. I am so excited about this Park City JV team because we rock.
Park City JV team at the Gathering of the Tribes tournament

We won, final score was 9 - 7 ( I think.)  Then, today we had the first half of the Gathering Of The Tribes tournament. We first played Jordan and won 5 - 1, then we played Juan Diego and won 8 - 3. 

I just love lacrosse games. They're so adrenaline-filled and exciting. I mostly play D-Wing which is a midfield position, and low defense. Since, I'm so good at being a Lax Bro-ette, I wanted to share some of my insightful tips with you that I've come up with over the years. 

1. (Tip courtesy of Coach Glee Corsetti) 50% of lacrosse is acting. Girl is running close to you, just fall over. Just over do it and fall on the ground and roll around and be all disoriented and then the ref will be all, "We have a push on number 34 white. Red ball. Everybody give her four." And then you win. Can I get an oscar over here?

2. This is a tip I made up for when I'm on defense. Just get really close to your girl and in a really high, creepy, whisper voice just start telling a story. Like, just start making up a story, it can be about anything you want, and just start telling it. Your girl will be all confused by your weirdness and be like, "what the heck?" and she'll drop it and you win. 

3. The final tip I'm going to share with you also comes from my imaginational brain. So when you're in the game, and you need a little push or pump up, just start pretending you're in The Hunger Games. Like, if you need to catch that girl, sprint like she's about to grab your backpack at the feast. If you're on offense, pull some sneaky Foxface move and dodge that girl and shoot. Works every time. The trick is you have to really be vivid in your imagining, otherwise it's just stupid. Like, what. 

So there you go then. Follow these tips and you'll be a pro like me, MaddieClaire, and Micaela in no time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment