Monday, January 14, 2013

Jatalie Bogan


Despite common misconception, I actually do have friends. Hard to believe, I know. I even have more than one!

And I love all my friends quite a bit. They are fantastic weirdos who, for one reason or another, accept my weirdness and even enjoy hanging out with me. (I think.) 

Ok, actually, side note really quick before I get into this post. I always used to have this weird suspicion that every single person in the whole world was on this mission, and they all had to pretend to like me and be my friends, family, teachers, everybody I knew and interacted with. But secretly they were all on this quest to kill me. Like I was certain everybody in the world met in these meetings every month and did progress reports on me and then all plotted that one day they would all turn on me and kill me. I think I was exposed to crime and conspiracy cable TV shows at too young of an age....

Focus Jackie. 

Oh, yes, my friends. I love them all. One of my very very best-est-est-est-est friends (who was mentioned in my last post), is Natalie. Our friendship name is Jatalie Bogan. It's like Jackie Buckman, and Natalie Hogan combined. Yes? Good. And I promised Natalie I would write a blog post all about her and publish it for all of my internet people to read.  So here we go. A little friendship history for you all.  

Natalie moved to Park City in the middle of 6th grade. I have lived here my whole entire life. (Same house, same bedroom and everything.) Neither of us can even really remember exactly, but the summer before 7th grade I saw her somewhere and we talked a little bit. You know, you meet someone and you're like "oh they're pretty cool." So anyway, on the first day of 7th grade I was waiting for the bus in the morning and she walked up. I was like "Oh yay! Someone to talk to and I'm not alone now." So we started talking and when the bus came, we sat together. And that was the start of it all. 

I also remember the first time we ever hung out outside of school, she took me to this country club kinda thing to go swimming and for lunch we had chicken tenders with fries and rootbeer. 

Then we just hung out all the time, which was pretty easy since she just lived up the street and we could walk back and forth between our houses. 

Little bit about us:

                  Natalie                                            Jackie                              

- Has (undiagnosed) OCD                       - Has (diagnosed) ADD
- Has moved 9 times in her life                - Has never moved
- Allergic to bananas                                - HATES bananas 
- Plays Lacrosse                                       - Plays lacrosse
- Has a younger brother                           - Has a younger sister
- Is a Virgo                                               - Is an Aquarius
- Is gorgeous                                            - Resembles a human (kinda)                                                                                                                                                    
                                                                                           


Then, halfway through 8th grade last year, she found out that she was moving again, to Florida this time. It was really surreal and hard for me to deal with since I'd never had a friend like that taken away from me. 

But we found a way to work around it. We talk every day, just like we would if she still lived here. Nothing really changed, we just don't get to see each other face to face like we would if she was still here. We also visit each other at least twice a year; I go there in the summer for her birthday in August, she comes back here in the winter for my birthday in January. It's a pretty good system. Oh, she also has since moved to Georgia, so that's where she currently resides now. 

Collage of our pictassss

She also takes really really cute pictures of me...



Awkward Bird Dance

Ka-pow gun hands

Have my arm around an invisible person

Pullin' a Jesus

#Hawt

My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard

Babe Status

I was eating ok?


She also makes cute memes 

I know Cereal Guy, I know. 

I don't know how to explain myself

Don't sass me boy
How am I still single?


And then we also have some together in which I tried to look as socially acceptable as possible



Summer 2012 in FLORIDA 
Rock n' roll
Being gorg is tough sometimes
January 2013
Bus ride sometime in late 2011 (I know cause my braces are off, so it has to be after October 22) 

Her last day in Utah in the Jupiter Bowl bathroom


So there you go Natalie, your very own post on Awkwardly Awkward. You're welcome.

OH. AND ALSO, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME ON JANUARY 29TH. 

15 days and then I'll be 15 years young. That means I can get my learners permit, even though that's highly unlikely since I haven't started studying at all and I wouldn't even be able to tell you which pedal is the gas and which is the break.





1 comment:

  1. Jackie,

    I love this post. You and Natalie are such cute friends. I will remember to stay off the roads from January 29th on.

    ReplyDelete